Updated: Jun 23
It's magically delicious....
The bones and tendons or organic chicken or beef
3-4 liters of water
1/2 cup chopped ginger
1 onion chopped
1/2 cup raw apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp turmeric
1 tbsp black cumin
6 large carrots peeled and chopped
1 cup chopped kale
1. You will need a slow cooker for this recipe and the broth can be made overnight.
2. Place the following ingredients into the slow cooker. The chicken or beef bones including the tendons. Add the onion, ginger, cumin, turmeric. apple cider vinegar and water.
3. Turn your slow cooker on high for about 3 hours until the broth starts to simmer then reduce your slow cooker to low heat and continue cooking for another 12 hours. This allows the bones to soften and the nutrients to come out of the bones and into the broth.
4. After simmering on low overnight, the broth is ready. Carefully strain out all the bones and other contents leaving you with a nutritious, beautiful broth.
5. I recommend adding a tbsp of coconut oil and 1/3 tsp grey sea salt per 1 cup serving of bone broth for taste. You can also use the broth to make a healthy soup by adding in fresh vegetable and chopped chicken.
6. Keep in the fridge for 4-5 days and freeze the rest.
Bone broth contain collagen (great for cellulite, skin and intestinal repair), as well as 12 grams of protein per cup and many nutrients that heal your gut and your body!